KIEV, UKRAINE — A change in tax legislation has made Ukrainian soybean production more profitable and led to a 21% planting increase, according to a Global Agricultural Information Network (GAIN) report from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
ROME, ITALY — Global wheat production is expected to reach a new record of 780 million tones in 2021, according to a preliminary forecast issued March 4 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The record forecast reflects an anticipated rebound in production in the European Union that is expected to more than offset weather-impacted production prospects for output in the Russian Federation.
KIEV, UKRAINE — Ukraine’s grain exports were down in the 2020-21 marketing season compared with the previous year, Reuters reported, citing economy ministry data.
- Ukraine grain exports down in 2020-21 season
- Australia raises wheat crop estimate to new record
- Shipping costs set to rise in 2021
- India on pace for record wheat production
- TDAP gets GI registration certificate for Basmati
- Iran calls for Pak investment on Iranian border, trade zone
- FAO Empowers Iranian Farmers to Improve Agriculture Water Productivity, Reduce Water Withdrawal in Qazvin Plain
- Global Markets: Wheat – Despite Restrictions, Russia to Reclaim Top Export Position