BEIJING, CHINA — In an effort to enhance its grain security, China recently raised the minimum purchasing price for wheat in 2022, Reuters reported.
ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN — Although Pakistan produced a record wheat crop of 27 million tones in the 2021-22 marketing year, it was insufficient to meet the country’s domestic consumption requirements and maintain large strategic reserves, according to a recent Global Agricultural Information Network report from the Foreign Agricultural Service of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Tehran, IRNA – A senior official in Iran’s Ports and Maritime Organization (PMO) said that nearly two million tons of wheat has been offloaded in Iranian ports in the last 6 months.
- Russia harvests high-protein wheat
- Argentina expects record 2021-22 wheat, corn production
- Kazakhstan wheat output challenged with dry weather
- Britain’s wheat planted area to rise 26%
- Report: China shifts US grain buying tactics
- Thailand rice production recovers from drought
- Scientists predict record wheat production this season in India
- FAO forecasts record wheat production in 2021