Chances of rain, then snow and then rain followed by snow it was this past week. Regardless, the precip totaling anywhere from 0.8 to 1.5 inches, was needed and welcome. Additional chances of a wintery mix return next week along with freezing temperatures that supported the wheat market to close out the week of trading.
BANGKOK, THAILAND — Thailand is forecast to export 8 million tonnes of rice in the 2021-22 marketing year, up 31% from the previous year, according to a Global Agricultural Information Network report from the Foreign Agricultural Service of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
NEW DELHI, INDIA — India will begin supplying wheat consignments to Afghanistan through Pakistan beginning in early February, reported Indian television station WION, citing India’s ministry of external affairs.
- India to supply wheat to Afghanistan
- US per capita flour consumption climbed in 2020
- Iran offers to assist India in food aid to Afghanistan
- Millers to gather in South Carolina for spring conference
- Pakistan posts record rice production
- 2m tons of wheat offloaded in Iranian ports in last 6 months
- Russia mulling higher export tax on wheat
- Brazil grain production estimates up for 2021-22